Driving in Icy and Snowy weather
Drive extremely carefully when the roads are icy. Avoid sudden actions as these could cause loss of control.
• drive at a slow speed in as high a gear as possible; accelerate and brake very gently
• drive particularly slowly on bends where loss of control is more likely. Brake progressively on the straight before you reach a bend. Having slowed down, steer smoothly round the bend, avoiding sudden actions
• check your grip on the road surface when there is snow or ice by choosing a safe place to brake gently. If the steering feels unresponsive this may indicate ice and your vehicle losing its grip on the road. When travelling on ice, tyres make virtually no noise.
Read all the rules about driving in icy or snowy weather.
Latest DVSA News (Driving Vehicle Standards Agency)
|Learner drivers on motorways from 4 June 2018
|From Monday 4 June 2018, learner drivers will be able to take driving lessons on motorways in England, Scotland and Wales.
This will help to make sure more drivers know how to use motorways safely.
How the change will work
Learner drivers will need to be:
- accompanied by an approved driving instructor
- driving a car fitted with dual controls
Any motorways lessons will be voluntary
It will be up to the driving instructor to decide when the learner driver is competent enough for them.
Until the law changes, it’s still illegal for a learner driver to drive on a motorway.
One hour thirty minutes for just…..£30
If you are looking for a new driving instructor then why not try our introductory offer! Its only £30 for 1 hour 30 mins. No group booking needed so if you dont like us you are not tied to a contract.
Our aim is friendly and professional teaching from all our Instructors!
My aim is to make learning to drive enjoyable and that speeds up your level of learning!
Just Click on Enquire Now on the top bar or call Graham – 07791 592240 or Nick – 07891 088397